Amine treating plants remove CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H2S (hydrogen sulfide) from natural gas.
Flow sheet of Amine treatment ( drawn by RFF software)
Download the software flow sheet software
Amine Gas Sweetening Process
- Sour gas enters the contactor tower and rises through the descending amine.
- Purified gas flows from the top of the tower.
- The amine solution is now considered Rich and is carrying absorbed acid gases.
- The Lean amine and Rich amine flow through the heat exchanger, heating the Rich amine.
- Rich amine is then further heated in the regeneration still column by heat supplied from thereboiler. The steam rising through the still liberates H2S and CO2, regenerating the amine.
- Steam and acid gases separated from the rich amine are condensed and cooled.
- The condensed water is separated in the reflux accumulator and returned to the still.
- Hot, regenerated, lean amine is cooled in a solvent aerial cooler and circulated to the contactor tower, completing the cycle.
Amine sweetening process video
Principles of Amine sweetening
Amine processing steps
Amine gas treating process-Scribd
Bio Oil production process
Carbon dioxide Production process
Insecticide Aerosol production